Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING TACTICAL BRINKMANSHIP WAS PERFORMED BY TRAINED PROFESSIONALS. DO NOT ATTEMPT AT HOME!

"Bullet and Blitz have nothing to do with chess". That's a sentiment that's shared among many strong chess players, and I'm inclined to agree. Nevertheless, once in a while my bullet games produce a gem, typically with the - involuntary - help of my opponent. In this game, for example:

My opponent had just played Kg2-h3?? because I was threatening lethal discovered checks with my knight on e4. However the problem with the King on h3 is that I can now force it forward towards my pieces with a series of checks, eventually leading to this rather pretty finish:





Not a particularly high-level game, but despite the many mistakes and inaccuracies I do enjoy these kinds of games

No comments:

Post a Comment